Hello creativity!! It is so good to have you back! You have been away for the last year, at least I felt like you were not present in my life. I searched and tried to invite you back in, but there were too many things going on. It’s good to feel the creative juices flowing again.
Looking at the last 18 months, I understand why I wasn’t feeling creative. My brain was so occupied with worry, and constantly muddled by thoughts of others and their bad situations that I had created stress for myself, and placed blockages that prevented this beautiful energy from flowing through me.
I was so caught up in the turmoil and noise around me that I had forgotten to do the things that matter for me, and I had shut myself off from the good energy sources around me. I was not eating properly, I retreated from others, too exhausted to engage and I allowed the personal and socio-political events of the time take over my focus.
It took a while, but I can tell now when I am vibrating at the right frequency, to allow wonderful experiences to come to me. When I am in a good place, I am at my most creative, I am motivated to explore new things, I am eager to learn new things, and I get so excited about the good feelings that I want to include everyone else in the experience!
Intuitively I knew what I had to do to get back to it, and as sluggish as I felt, I started with small steps, gradually building up strength and momentum and doing more every week. I am not operating on all frequencies yet, but I know, I can feel the engines humming now. Wow!! I think you’re going to have to grab on to something because I can feel how powerful these vibrations are going to be when I am practicing everyday!
Here’s what I did to build up some positive energy momentum back into my life:
Phase One – Ease into it
- Lighting a Himalayan salt light whenever you are near it. Despite all the unproven claims, I find it helps with your mood, giving the room a small feel good glow.
- Started meditating again. It is so important to set some time aside everyday to clear your mind, and connect with your inner being, the good voice inside you that knows who you are and cheers you.
- Daily expressions of gratitude at night, before going to sleep. There’s so much to be thankful for. If you can’t think of anything then Google for some inspiration or catch a gratitude meditation on YouTube.
- Keep some house plants around. Why? Because plants and water are natural elements, just like us. I started with a few succulents around the house, and some herbs on the counter. Low needs, good return.
- Smile 5 times a day…to yourself, to your pet, to others, ..in the mirror, in the car or with an 😊
Phase Two – Commit
- A return to healthy eating. Eating only natural, organic and unprocessed foods, that nourish and sustain us.
- Drinking plenty of water. Our body needs water. As humans, we are 60% water and need to replenish it daily. Infused waters are good too, and herbal teas.
- Taking a daily walk. Around the block, around the neighborhood, o he store, take a hike! ( literally). This gives you the fresh air you need, gets you moving and you connect with nature and with others.
- Yoga stretches. I started with just a few poses that stretched tense muscles, and made me feel better.
- Going for regular massages, to release the physical tension and knots that were literally blocking the flow.
Phase 3 – Going All In
Once the momentum started, I found it easier to add more to my day that increased my vibrational frequency. By this time, blockages are dissolving and the energy and good vibes are back.
- Journaling. Freewriting! Just set a time or length limit and write your thoughts down as they come to you, even if you have to scribble “I don’t know what to write” over and over.
- Listening to sounds of nature, chimes, flute, water it’s a good grounding practice too.
- Exercising regularly . I have access to an indoor pool so that’s my thing,
- Doing yoga has many benefits including stretching, cardio, breathing, developing balance etc.
- Having crystals near me or on me because I enjoy the knowledge of rock formation, and the ancient natural powers that has been attributed to them.
- Lighting scented candles and burning organic incense to please the sense of smell and I good memories.
- Learn new things, through books, classes, workshops.
Doing these things are part of a good wellness regime. They take care of your physical, mental and emotional well being. That’s what self care is about.
These things worked for me, but there is so much out there to customize your own plan for wellness, according to your interests and desires.
At a minimum, do the breathing, drink the water, and if you don’t know what you want, then do the journaling. More on that in my next blog!
Todays journal prompt: what is something I don’t do enough of?
Mediation Intention for today : I am committed to my emotional, mental, physical and spiritual health. Every day, I choose to learn more about my authentic self.